Before you can re-provision a device, we have to first remove it from our provisioning server. Please contact the support line at 866-928-4465
Resetting the device:
Make sure your ATA has power and internet connected, and the lights are solid.
Plug a phone into the ATA and perform the following steps.
You might have to press 1 after the factory reset some models have to follow with a # i.e.
will bring you to your phone's configuration menu. Will be asked to enter an option (Below) followed by the # key. After you complete each step, hang up and dial again followed by the next code.
****73738# spells RESET
Enable WAN web admin interface:
****7932# - 1 to enable; 0 to disable
Enable LAN web admin interface:
****723646# - 1 to enable; 0 to disable
Get IP address:(Be prepared to write the IP down)
Provisioning with ThinkTel:
- Log into your ATA's GUI
a. Locate the ATA's IP
Dial ****110# from a phone connected to the ATA. Listen and write down the IP that you are told.
b. Go to your computer, open your web browser, and enter your phone's IP i.e. http://192.168.x.x replacing the x.x part with the ip address obtained from your call above.
- Click on "Admin Login" (Top right) Wait for screen to reload Click on "advanced" If you get prompted for password after you reset use admin/admin.
- Click on the Provisioning Tab (some versions will be under voice tab) and ensure 'Provision Enable' is set to yes
a. Set 'Resync Random Delay' to '0'
b. Set 'Resync Periodic' to '5'
c. Set 'Profile Rule' to: http://provision.thinktel.ca/init.cfg
- Click on 'Submit All Changes'. Your Cisco/Linksys device will reboot up to four times with firmware potentially being upgraded if out of date.
Please note: It can take 10-20 minutes for your device to populate in our provisioning servers. If the process appears to be taking longer than this, the device may need to be manually rebooted by unplugging/replugging the power supply.
- Provision device:
- Contact Technical Support after the Reset/Re-provisioning to complete the device configuration (i.e. re-add a number to the ATA configuration).
- Provision VIA uControl. Instructions on the following article.
Quote your device MAC address or serial number when placing orders for VoIP service on your Cisco/Linksys hardware